Frequently Asked Questions
- Normal production time is 4-5 business days for plaques and awards. Trophies typically are 2-4 days.
- Rush service is available. Call us for a quote.
- The customer must review all final proofs, initial them and return them to Suburban. Please check for spelling, punctuation, and layout.
- Any errors in the finished product which were based on the customer’s final proof will be corrected at the customer’s expense.
- Non-electronic format:
- Suburban prefers camera-ready art on clean white paper.
- “Camera ready art” is
- Black and white line art
- Crisp clear lines (no faxes or website down-loads)
- Electronic Art:
- Suburban’s principle application is CorelDraw.
- Suburban will accept files in the following format
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- MS Word
- EPS, TIF, and JPEG. These files should have a dpi of 300 or better. Bitmaps are discouraged because the final product is often very pixilated.
- Please send a print out of the artwork for verification
- Suburban accepts electronic artwork via
- Thumb Drive
- Suburban can help you with your artwork
- Re-typeset new information
- Clean-up existing artwork
- Create new artwork
- Please talk to our sales representative for a quote
At Suburban Custom Awards, we use a Total Quality Management approach to make sure that every product we deliver meets the highest possible standard of quality and is delivered into the hands of the client as a perfect representation of finely crafted workmanship.
Our goal is to create end products that are without flaw or error.
To meet this goal we have developed a system of fulfillment that includes quality control and redundant proofing of all products throughout the production and delivery process.
The processing and fulfillment of an order from the time an order enters our system until it is shipped to the customer is outline below:
- The order is received and entered in our system
- Using the engraving and any graphic supplied, the designer lays out the order in a publishing program.
- An electronic or paper proof is provided to the client for approval
- The layout is then put into the hands of an engraver
- The item to be engraved is carefully inspected for flaws
- The item is engraved
- The item is carefully packaged and processed pick up or for shipping
- The customer is notified with a call when the order is ready for pick up or delivery
The Production Department is constantly watching for ways to improve the efficiency of the production process while safeguarding the quality of the end product.
While we strive to attain perfection we also know that it is only human to make mistakes. It is still possible for errors or flaws to find their way through our system without being caught.
However, it is the policy of Suburban to replace at no cost to the customer any products that are incorrectly engraved or flawed in any way. And even in the case where the customer has themselves misspelled a word or name, we will do everything within our means to correct or replace the product in a timely manner at the lowest reasonable cost to the customer.
- We utilize UPS and the US Postal Service for shipping.
- Free Ground UPS on all prepaid orders totaling over $125.00 in merchandise and being shipped within the continental USA! It is our way of saying Thank You for your order!
- Free ground shipping is limited to in-house production. Shipping charges incurred from manufacturers for such items as promotional products and bronze casting will be charged to the customer.
- Expedited shipping is available at your cost.
- UPS does not ship to P.O. Boxes, so please be sure to use a street address
If you need to return an award(s), please contact our customer service team at 1-877-737-2192 as all returns must be authorized for tracking purposes.
• We must be notified of pending returns within 7 business days of the order delivery date.
• All return orders are subject to a 30% restocking charge.
• Custom Decorated Awards, Custom Logo Items, Plaques, Lucites, Crystal Awards, Engraved Plates, Glassware, and Shipping Charges are NON-REFUNDABLE.